Former UFC heavyweight Mike Russow (15-3) has signed with World Series of Fighting. He holds notable victories over Todd Duffee (8-2) and John-Olav Einemo (6-3). He goes into the promotion on a two fight skid with losses to Fabricio Werdum (17-5-1) and Shawn Jordan (15-4).
Rodrigo Damm (11-6) has been removed from his bout with Hacran Dias (21-2-1) at UFC Fight Night 29, due to having kidney stones.
Cage Warriors lightweight title is picked up by Stevie Ray (14-4) as he defeated Sean Carter (7-1) by rear-naked choke late in the first round at Cage Warriors 60.
Miguel Torres (40-6) meets Pablo Alfonso (8-5) at World Series of Fighting 6 on the 26th of October.
Bellator will host their middleweight tournament final on November 8th as, Mikkel Parlo (11-1) will face Brennan Ward (8-1) at Bellator 107.
A leg injury has forced Charles Oliveira (16-4) to withdraw from a scheduled matchup with Jeremy Larsen (8-4) at UFC 166 on the 19th of this month.
An unfortunate eye injury meant that Megumi Fujii (26-3) was unsuccessful in her retirement bout against Jessica Aguilar (16-4) at Vale Tudo Japan 3 in Tokyo. The contest was halted before the third round started due to a doctor stoppage, giving Aguilar the TKO win.
Anthony Birchak (11-1) claimed the inaugral MFC bantamweight title by defeating Tito Jones (10-7) by rear-naked choke three and a half minutes into the second round. Sam Alvey (21-5, 1 NC) beat Jason South (10-1) with just four seconds left before the end of the fight to become the MFC middleweight champion. A vicious head kick from Anothony Hamilton (11-2) ended (6-1) Smealinho Rama’s night twelve seconds into the second round, with the win Hamilton claimed the MFC heavyweight title. (Full list of MFC 38 results below).
Cheick Kongo and Lavar Johnson made their promotional debuts at Bellator 102. Johnson fought Vinicius Queiroz, Queiroz (7-3) landed a right hand that sent Johnson (17-8) crashing to the floor. The knockout victory for Queiroz came just 23 seconds into the fight. Kongo (19-8-2) defeated a game Mark Godbeer (8-2) by TKO mid-way through the second round.
‘The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3′ tryouts are set for November 11th in Rio de Janeiro and will feature middleweight, light heavyweight and heavyweight fighters.
UFC’s end of year card adds Siyar Bahadurzada (21-5-1) vs. John Howard (21-8) in a welterweight contest and a heavyweight matchup between Shane Del Rosario (11-2) vs. promotional newcomer Guto Inocente (6-2).
Alexander Volkov (19-3) will defend his Bellator heavyweight title for the first time at Bellator 109. His opponent for the November 22nd event is (12-0) Vitaly Minakov.
UFC 167 takes place on Nov. 16 and will feature a light heavyweight matchup between Robert Drysdale (6-0) and Cody Donovan (8-3).
Super Bowl weekend is always huge in sports and the UFC have added two blockbuster fights to their event on Feb. 1; Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (19-1) will defend his UFC light heavyweight title against (22-2) Glover Teixeira. Also, Frank Mir (16-8) faces Alistair Overeem (36-13).
The lightweight division sees the return of Cody McKenzie (14-3) as he is set to face Sam Stout (19-9-1) at UFC on FOX 9, which takes place on Dec. 14.
9 months is how long the UFC have suspended their heavyweight fighter, Ben Rothwell. Rothwell (33-9) tested high for testosterone following his win over Brandon Vera (12-7) at UFC 164.
A short lived retirement for Matthew Riddle (7-3, 2 NC) as he is set to fight at Bellator 109 in November.
Bobby Voelker (24-10) meets William Macario (6-1) and Jim Miller (22-4) faces Fabricio Camoes (14-7-1) at UFC 168 in December.
UFC Fight Night 33 in Brisbane, Australia adds Robert Whittaker (11-3) versus Brian Melancon (7-3). The event takes place on Dec. 6.
Three changes are made as Thales Leites (21-4) replaces Rafael Natal (17-4-1) against Ed Herman (21-9, 1 NC) at UFC 167. Rafael Natal replaces Lyoto Machida to meet Tim Kennedy (16-4) at UFC Fight For The Troops 3 and Lyoto Machida (19-4) replaces an injured Michael Bisping (24-5) who has an eye injury, to go up against Mark Munoz (13-3) at UFC Fight Night 30.
World Series of Fighting have bought Canadian promotion Aggression Fighting Championship and rebranded it World Series of Fighting Canada. Their first event under the banner will be held on Dec. 7.
Johny Hendricks sponsor Reebok extends deal with him. Hendricks (15-1) fights for the UFC’s welterweight title against champion Georges St. Pierre (24-2) at UFC 167.
Bellator 108 adds middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko (48-7) vs. middleweight tournament winner Doug Marshall (18-6).
Roger Bowling (11-4) rematches Abel Trujillo (10-5) at UFC on FOX 9 on Dec. 14.
Sergio Pettis (9-0) is slated to make his UFC debut agianst Vaughan Lee (13-9-1) at UFC 167.
Unbeaten Brazilian, Bethe Correia (6-0) has signed with the UFC.
MFC 38 Results:
- Anthony Birchak def. Tito Jones via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:30 – to claim inaugural MFC bantamweight title
- Sam Alvey def. Jason South via TKO (strikes) – Round 5, 4:56 – to claim vacant middleweight title
- Anthony Hamilton def. Smealinho Rama via KO (head kick) – Round 2, 0:12 – to claim vacant heavyweight title
- Kurt Southern def. Jonatas Novaes via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:46
- Teddy Ash def. Jared McComb via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Aaron Gallant def. Matt Jelly via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:07
Bellator 102 Results:
- Cheick Kongo def. Mark Godbeer via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:04 – heavyweight tournament semifinals
- Vinicius Queiroz def. Lavar Johnson via knockout (punch) – Round 1, 0:23 – heavyweight tournament semifinals
- Anthony Leone vs. Rafael “Morcego” Silva unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) – Summer Series bantamweight tournament final
- Mikkel Parlo def. Jason Butcher via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) – middleweight tournament semifinals
- Brennan Ward def. Joe Pacheco via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 2:41 – middleweight tournament semifinals
- Scott Cleve def. Isaac DeJesus via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:14
- Javy Ayala def. Thiago “Big Monster” Santos via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 5:00
- Brandon Girtz def. Poppies Martinez via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:20
- Stephen Martinez def. Bryan Travers via technical submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:56
- Cain Carrizosa def. Juan Quesada via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:51
- Brandon Cash def. William Richey via TKO (exhaustion) – Round 2, 5:00
About the Author: Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark is a 24 year old father and MMA enthusiast. He plays Football, Golf and he is a lifelong Liverpool Football Club supporter. He covers MMA and Football.